2 days ago
HELP SUPPORT HVP'S NEW FILM PROJECT ON THE AFRICATOWN COMMUNITY ... See MoreSee Less
TREASURER, Volunteer Board of Directors for Hiztorical Vision Productions
About HVP: Hiztorical Vision Productions (HVP) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates educational documentaries to the public. We primarily focus on success stories in African American history in efforts to motivate and inspire underserved communities.
Reports to: Board Chair or Board of Directors, as appropriate.
Summary: The Treasurer will offer guidance to the Executive Director and the Board in ensuring good fiscal planning, decision-making and oversight at a governance level.
Term: Board members are elected for a three-year term with the possibility of renewal for a second term.
Duties of the Board Treasurer
The Treasurer duties/responsibilities are as follows:
• Serves on the Executive Committee and chairperson of the Financial Committee.
• Facilitate, engage and support the Financial Committee to meet fundraising goals.
• Keep all transactions current and up-to-date on an ongoing basis with accounting software.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and its presentation to the Board for review.
• Ensure that the appropriate monthly or quarterly financial statements are reviewed by the Board.
• Ensure that the Board regularly monitors the organization’s financial performance and alerts it to any important discrepancies between planned and actual figures.
• Ensure that the Organization maintains the appropriate financial books and records and that these are accurate and up-to-date.
• Ensure that government tax filings and remittances are submitted on a timely basis.
• Ensure that payroll and other liabilities are settled in a timely manner.
• Verify that donations are handled appropriately and that grants and service delivery contracts are accounted for in accordance with the requirements of funders.
• Helps, along with the Executive Director, keep the Board informed of important financial events, trends, and issues relevant to the organization.
Education/Experience: An Associate’s degree in accounting or related field or a minimum of two years’ experience in a paid or volunteer setting. An appreciation of the kind and level of financial information needed at a board level to support decision making. An ability to commit the time required to fulfill the responsibilities described.
Time Commitment: The Board Treasurer of Hiztorical Vision Productions must live in Alabama. Willing to travel 20% of the time for scheduled production activities, events, & trainings. Willing to telework 80% of the time using nonprofit accounting software and Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, Word) for Board meetings and committee meetings. Willing to commit a minimum of ten hours per month.
Interested applicants must email the following materials to email@example.com by the application deadline, Saturday, August 15, 2020.
2) Cover letter outlining interest in position (optional)
*Note: In the subject line of the email please type “Volunteer Board Treasurer Applicant – First and Last Name” (i.e. “Volunteer Board Treasurer Applicant – Jane Doe)
For the full board announcement, please visit: www.hiztoricalvp.org. ... See MoreSee Less
WELCOME TO TEAM MONICA!!!
Monica Denise Riley WILL SERVE AS BOARD SECRETARY FOR Hiztorical Vision Productions.
Monica currently serves as the Alabama Grassroots Manager for the American Cancer Society, Cancer Action Network. ACS CAN is the nation's leading cancer advocacy organization that is working every day to make cancer issues a national priority. In this role, Monica recruits, trains, and manages all of the volunteers in the state of Alabama. Teaching people how to advocate for themselves and for their communities has always and continues to be one of her top priorities.
Monica also serves on the State Democratic Executive Committee Representative for House District 89. The SDEC is the governing body of the Alabama Democratic Party. She is the chairperson for PikeDems and is actively involved in many community organizations and projects. Monica is a native of Monroeville, AL and a product of Troy University. ... See MoreSee Less
4 weeks ago
Congratulations to the historic town of Hobson City, Alabama and the Hiztorical Vision Productions team. The short film documentary, Hobson City: From Peril to Promise, will be shown at three MAJOR events this fall: the Lanett City Film Festival in Alabama, Urban Film Festival in Miami, Florida, and the prestigious ASALH 105th Annual Conference.
STAND UP HOBSON CITY!!!!!!! ... See MoreSee Less